Then I had kids...
For those of you out there who naively think that having children will not affect your social life, STOP READING NOW.
Don't say I didn't warn you...
Why is it that these little cherubs ruin any social life that you may have had B.C. (Before Children)?
2. If you do decide to brave a night out, you have to deal with tired and cranky kids the next day.
3. It's illegal to leave them home alone while you go out.
4. They trash other people's houses and make sure that you do not get a return invite.
5. They leave restaurants and coffee shops looking like they are the latest victims of Cyclone Yasi.
6. They sleep during the middle of the day which ruins any lunchtime plans you may have (apart from watching The Ellen Show).
7. The amount of stuff you have to take when you go out with kids would easily put you over the baggage allowance on most domestic flights.
8. Any car ride over 20 minutes (30 minutes with a DVD player) is like a trip to the end of the earth for your kids. So that limits your social engagements to within one "Are we there yet?" radius.
9. When you finally arrive, you will spend all of your time feeding, watering and cleaning the kids, which will pretty much ruin any chance you had of having a conversation with another adult.